Monday, December 11, 2006

Sibling Squabbles...

Well, it has officially begun...the sibling squabbles. I guess we are adjusting more than I realized if this is happening already!! Much of the day was spent with the littles helping them to reconcile issues brought about most often by having to share "stuff" and occasionally due to teasing and unkindess. I totally expected this to be an issue as both sets of kiddos are very close in age...so, for that reason, I think it is even more of a challenge for them to work through this in their hearts. It's easier to dismiss a sibling's offense if they are much smaller and they "Don't know better" but when they are a peer, it's a whole different dynamic~ But, even as draining as it can be to mediate all day long, I do believe that God will use this for His glory and for the good of Mercy and Odesco, the other 4 and especially Mommy and Daddy as we see our need for God's help to do this His way!!!

B3 and B4 are definately feeling the strain of having to love our newest family members when they don't feel like it and things are being exposed in their little hearts that were there all along...the situation has just brought these tendencies to the forefront and into the light.As we were awaiting the arrival of our precious blessings, I had such peace about God choosing these particular children for us...their ages (even though they are most likely older than anticipated), their sin issues, their wonderful positive traits are all for the good of our entire family.

Sweet Mercy decided to undo her hairdo today when she was in one of her" funks"( upset about not getting what she wanted.)..boy talk about a kick in the gut...especially since I am so clueless with this hair thing! By God's grace I was able to calmly watch her wreck an hour's worth of work in less than 5 minutes :) But, one thing about having to do her hair so regularly is it is great to promote bonding...very time consuming and touchy feely as I rub "grease/conditioner" into her hair and then attempt to braid or twist it! I did order a book today to help me with hairstyles...hope it helps! After her mood had lightened and we rebraided her hair, we spoke about never doing that again in a fit of anger...she did reply,"Yes, Mommy"...I sure hope she means it :)!! But, if not, I'll be getting lots of practice perfecting her hairdos!

Bedtime was once again met by 2 sullen Liberians followed by full fledged tantrums....it is difficult to discern what is part of the grieving process and what is willful defiance. This morning Mercy told me she was mad about not wearing the PJ's she desired because it was B3's turn to don them. So, please pray for wisdom for us as we desire to comfort a grieving heart but redirect& instruct a defiant / disobedient one.
Thanks for checking in...
Blessings,MamaB
Oh ,one fun tidbit:
*" Mommy, ma gu i foo" means Mommy, my gut is full! Mercy is starting to sense when her tummy has had enough....I was wondering if this would ever happen :)

No comments: