Saturday, November 28, 2009

Run for African Relief...

We wanted to thank you for your support of Covenant Mercies through our run in Saratoga. It was a fun time with over 2500 participants in the Memorial race on Thanksgiving morning. We finished the 5K in 32:56. Because of your generosity we were able to raise over $600 for the children of Africa. Over the past few months there have been a total of 22 other runners participating in the Run for African Relief at various venues throughout the country and through these combined efforts, over $16,000 have been raised for Covenant Mercies and their work with the children of Africa! If you would like more information about Covenant Mercies, you can visit their website' here. Below are pictures of race day!

These cool gizmos attached to our shoes and actually registered when we crossed the finish line ~

The mob before the race started...over 2500 people participated. It took a little while to even cross the starting line as we all moved together in one big blob!

Phew, we made it...

One of my brother's friend snapped this picture moments after my hubby and I crossed the finish line. My brother was already recovered and waiting for us...if we are able to visit again over Thanksgiving we'll have to attempt this run again~ maybe with more training, I'll actually keep up with my bro'!! I'm sure my hubby could have but he stuck by my side :)

After the race, there was free food and water offered to the participants in a local hotel right near the finish line...it felt good to drink,eat, and sit!


The day after...in our matching "Turkey Trot" shirts :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Congratulations! Christian's sister was in that marathon too. She was running for World Vision. I am pretty sure you didn't see her though. :) That sure was a lot of people!

All 8 of Us said...

Did your sister in law run a full marathon?? We just did a 5K...I can't even imagine training for a marathon or being capable of running that far!!
We were in Saratoga, NY for this race.

I enjoy your blog! have a great Christmas :)

Christy said...

She did a half marathon. 11K? We were so proud of her because before that she was NOT an exerciser, but she trained long and hard and did it! World Vision have her some sort of training program and she stuck with it. She did the one in Philly and I just assumed you did that one too. :)

All 8 of Us said...

There were a bunch of people from Covenant Fellowship that did that run also...that's impressive...I'd be proud too :)