Tuesday, November 10, 2009

He Redeems the Day!


Odesco was having a rough day (putting it mildly) and he needed to stick close to his Mama while the others went to Mrs. Di's for a few hours so I could run errands. Needless to say, my boy was NOT a happy camper...he was sullen and mad. On our way to the Di's, I confess my heart was lamenting..."can't we just have one peace filled day without meltdowns, conflict, and stress?!"After dropping the others off, we stopped at BJ's and I felt the Lord prompt me to give him what he did not deserve...so we shared a soda together. Slowly, he started to soften. He helped me run errands...pushed the cart, counted the cans of pumpkin, kept track of how much I spent at Produce Junction, and then we came home to make Mercy's belated birthday meal of meatloaf. Odesco was in his glory as he helped me prepare it without having to share the task...my smiley boy was back :) Sure, there are consequences for the choices made earlier in the day but the Lord redeemed it for both of us...I'd love peace and smooth sailing days but then the Lord would not have the opportunity to show up in all His glory...don't you just love it when the Lord redeems the day??

4 comments:

Julia said...

Hey Kathi- Julia here :) I loved reading your post. I found your blog through Julie's - yay! So good to read what other Moms go through and how the Lord meets them.

M.I.C. Music Inspiration Creation said...

Mama B.

It was great talking to you tonight. I hope we can get together soon. It so great to see your wonderful stories and pictures the family looks wonderful!

Talk to you soon,
Matt

All 8 of Us said...

Thanks Matt,
It was great to hear from you. I am thrilled to hear how the Lord is working in your life!! Please keep in touch...we'd love to see you ~
Blessings,
MamaB

All 8 of Us said...

Hey Julia,
Thanks for stopping by!! I visit your blog from Julie's too :)