Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Lord is my strength and my shield...

Odesco with his bedmate and pal, Emmett (Odesco is on the right)


Blessed be the Lord!
For He has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
In Him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
My heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to Him.
Psalm 28:6,7

This was my bible reading this morning and I chuckled as I read about "my pleas for mercy", since of course, I was reminded of my literal pleas for Mercy, our precious daughter continents away! Later at coop my friend shared that she had read the SAME passage this morning and penciled into her Bible Mercy's name and the date....how kind of the Lord to remind me in such a tangible way that indeed, He has heard our heart cries for our children...Mercy especially has been on my heart due to her ear infection and He has heard my pleas for Mercy and my pleas for His mercy!!

This evening I took B3 to the library with me and she picked a picture book off the
shelf called "Bringing Asha Home".Interestingly enough, it is a book about adopting a baby girl from India and in it, the author highlights the waiting...showing one season drifting into another and still no Asha. At one point the Daddy receives a phone call and sadly explains to his family that they will have to wait longer to bring their precious daughter home. Finally they get the long awaited call saying it is time to pick up Asha and the Dad flies to India to get his daughter...the scene at the airport is described in beautiful detail as mother and little son are united with Daddy and daughter...I was undone imagining our homecoming story and had a hard time reading ...my older, most sensitive boy (he,he) asked,"Um, Mom...are you going to read the book or not?!" Anyhow, this book was a great read and definately identified with the seemingly endless waiting of a child( and parent!)for their adopted sibling/child.

Guess you are all wondering when the long awaited arrival of Mercy and Odesco (and sweet Jenkins) will be...well, we learned today it will not be on Thursday, but Lord willing, we will hold our precious children on Saturday...I will update as we hear more.

I wanted to mention one other wonderful blessing...2 days ago I received an email from the adoptive mother of Odesco's bedmate...Several weeks ago I had tried to find her, and thought I did but it was not this little fellow's mom so I just let it go. Well, Emmett's mom was also hoping to make a connection with me so that we can maintain some contact for our boys' sake and she saw a post I had made on the AOH board and decided to email me...evidently Odesco and Emmett are sweet friends and play very well together. I love the adorable picture above of the 2 of them giggling on their bed.I am so grateful that a piece of our little boys' past can be preserved . What a gift from the Lord!
Thanks for checking in and caring for us ...we feel your prayers!
Resting in Him!!
Mama B

No comments: