Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Continuing to wait on the Lord...

Well,
Still no news...I must admit that some days it seems as if this will never happen...we began this process one year ago and God has been preparing our hearts since then. The kids (especially the youngest 2 who are awaiting the arrival of their bunkmates) also are longing for their brother and sister to be home. I did our clothing switch over the other day and put away several matching spring/summer outfits for Mercy and B3...we were so lavished at our adoption shower ...hoping the girls will still be able to squeeze into the outfits next year :)

Yesterday I learned of an adoptive mom , (adopting through AOH) who has been in Liberia for 4 weeks awaiting her daughter, Jaso's passport....4 weeks without her husband and other children...4 weeks of hopes built and then dashed. If you think of Jennifer, please pray...she went over on the assumption that her daughter's passport would be issued quickly only to learn it was never even in the right pile.It is on the desk of the right people now...just needs to be signed. Jaso has significant medical issues that need to be addressed as soon as possible, so she needs to get home!!
Hearing that news yesterday, makes me so very thankful to be waiting this out here at home; with all the modern conveniences we take so for granted. Electricity, running water... available food,.... even the daily sibling squabbles are a blessing because it means I'm here with them right now and not on another continent in limbo!!
This is all part of His sovereign plan...truly He is preparing our hearts as we wait and wait and wait...it will be a huge transition but I feel as if we are in the pangs of labor right now...soon,soon, we will have 2 more precious children to love...my heart is so very grateful for that. I am praying the Lord will keep my heart in a grateful spot and that through this time of waiting I will "count it all joy" as this "trial" is producing steadfastness in my heart. Our pastor has been preaching a series from the book of James...how fitting and timely it has been for me to put into practice what I know in my head...
Thanks for checking in :)
Counting it all joy ~
Mama B

No comments: