Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another glimpse of Odesco and Mercy

We did receive our I-600 approval and that has been sent on to Monrovia in preparation for the long awaited homecoming of our 2 precious children! The passport for Odesco has still not been issued but, we did receive word that explains the confusion and waiting surrounding the passport dilemma. It seems that there were 2 offices in Liberia sort of having a bit of a power struggle over how this very important document is to be issued. President Ellen stepped in and handed full authority back to the passport office so, things "should" begin to move along again in the next week..we'll see what happens :)

The kindness of God throughout this entire adoption process continues to amaze me...although I should never be surprised as His mercies truly are new every morning- great is His faithfulness! A few weeks ago, a fellow adoptive mom introduced herself on the AOH yahoo group board. She stated that she had just returned from a month long trip to Liberia/AOH with Patty Anglin, the executive director. She also noted that she had the joy of spending time with many of our children in the orphanage. I emailed her and sent a picture of Odesco and Mercy asking if she had recognized them and whether or not she had any tidbits to share with me regarding her interaction with them. To my great joy, she did remember and this is what she had to say :

I remember them well!!! They are sweet little kids. That Odesco always
smiles and tried his hardest to make sure he was in all my pictures! He
loves attention. Mercy seems to be a loving girl. She made cards to my
son's American class with the other girls and drew a cute little picture.
She seems very smart and they both crave attention. I wish I could give
you more details but it is hard because I did not spend alone time with
them. I enjoyed your children very much and their smiles are heart
warming. Congrats


These details were enough to warm my mommy heart and they make the waiting just a bit easier :) I am just thanking the Lord for these tangible reminders that He is taking very good care of them and that they are thriving and doing well...
Rejoicing in His care and goodness,
Mama B

No comments: