Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Celebrating Daddy's birthday


In March we celebrated my hubby's birthday with a visit from Grandmom and Pop-Pop B. I am so grateful for my husband's diligent example in our home, for how faithfully provides for us, and for his commitment to raising our children in godliness. I am a blessed woman!

Everyone got in on the preparations...peeling 10# of potatoes...to go along with the meatloaf I prepared and froze earlier in the month....the meatloaf that I thought was fully defrosted but took hours to cook all the way through! Thankfully, I have understanding inlaws who don't judge me by my cooking blunders ...it tasted great-finally!

The floor and cabinets were covered in potato peels but these guys were a huge help in getting the job done!!


Pop Pop has taught Odesco how to play a mean game of checkers.... they always have a match during their visits and Pop-Pop usually wins:)

Mercy had the grand idea to get Daddy a new shredder-yeah, I know, sort of like getting a vacuum as an anniversary gift BUT, my hubby truly appreciates these kinds of gifts...we use shredded paper to start our wood burning stove and our old one bit the dust. She was so proud of her practical and useful gift idea!

Mercy and Odesco in their glory... singing "The Red River Valley" as G accompanied on the piano...

Even Pop-Pop got into the song...it was hysterical listening to them all!

Let's just say, they (Mercy and Odesco) could use a little practice--Daddy and Pop-Pop sounded pretty good! :) P and C seriously wear these headphones throughout the day in order to get their schoolwork done in peace (well, maybe not peace but at least the decibel level is dimmed a bit! )

The gang :)











No comments: