Sunday, August 01, 2010

From Ring Bearer to Groom...

I did it again!! This post has been waiting in the archives since soon after Peter and Shannon's wedding back in May!! " Better late than never" seems to be a resounding theme with me lately!


How can it be that the little 4 year old who was our ring bearer has grow up to be a groom himself?



I can barely wrap my brain around how quickly these years have flown by! It truly is a joy to see the Lord at work in Peter and Shannon's life. We look forward to seeing all He will do in and through their marriage in the days ahead~
Below, are pictures from the big day!

Our dapper boys who are growing up way too fast!... Odesco decided a bow tie was more comfortable than a traditional neck tie- I think he looks like Louis Armstrong :)!

Sisters in coordinating dresses :)

Me and my honey ~


The quality of this picture is poor but I thought their expressions were too sweet not to post :)

What a beautiful family! (The newlyweds with Peter's parents and sister)

This is my hubby's side of the immediate family...and 2 of our nieces were missing!! When you have 8 children, this is what you get a few years down the road :)

Odesco in a pensive moment!

oops-we almost got a decent family picture--maybe next time!?!

The younger kids especially were thrilled to be at their first wedding reception ever :)

The girls had no inhibitions on the dance floor...the boys were a totally different story and were not interested in dancing one bit!

Mercy certainly didn't hold back!




Thanks for checking in on this delinquent blogger!!



4 comments:

Charlie and Lisa said...

Kathi - Miss you guys!! Thanks for the fun post and pictures. I can't believe how big all of the kids are getting...talk about time flying! Seems like it wasn't too long ago that I was babysitting Philip...now look at him!

All 8 of Us said...

Lisa,
Thanks for stopping by :)One day you will be making a post like this on your blog...little Maggie and Jake will have grown up before you eyes...it really is unbelievable how quickly these years have flown by...by the way, we still use that jar you decorated for us(it holds mints so is used often!!)...I think of you often when I see that and the beautiful flower picture you made for us.
Miss you guys too and love visiting your family on your blog.
Love,
Kath

Danielle said...

Kathi,
I so enjoyed looking at the pictures of your family. What a blessed woman you are! I like the dancing girls :) My boys would be the same way-too much baptist background in their blood to dance!
And we have a huge extended family too. Our little Luke is the 22nd grandchild for Joel's family and we recently attended grandchild number one's wedding in June. It does go way too fast. I am trying to enjoy it all before it is just a memory.
Danielle Madison
-I followed a link from Lisa's blog :)

mb said...

What Lisa said is so true and I've been able to watch them all grow up. Soon THEY'LL be getting married. Looks like you all had a great time--love the boys in their regalia! Tell Odesco, I LOVE bowties. :- )