Thursday, June 03, 2010

Dibble Dabble

What do you get when you combine a hot day,8 energetic kids, a generous neighbor with a refreshing pool, and a golf tee?
FUN!!!!!
"Dibble Dabble" kept this clan happy and busy for quite a while today :) I thought some of you may want to give it a try.... Thanks Yoder family for sharing this fun game with us!!!

First, one person is the designated 'tee hider'...they swim to the bottom of the pool and place the tee on the floor...then they swim away. In this picture everyone is waiting for the tee to pop up to the surface~

Once the tee is spotted, watch out...it's a free for all as everyone tries to grab it...it is harder than it looks as that tiny piece of wood just bounces around with all the commotion!

Victory!

Another Victor!

Attempting to multi-task while I 'supervised' this lively game, I brought the book I had just received hours earlier in the mail...it is a science book that I will be coordinating a coop from in the fall....I positioned myself under a shady tree... a bird enjoyed target practice with my newly acquired book!! Yuck! (a few minutes earlier it got my arm so I moved- obviously not far enough away from his shooting range!)

Aren't they handsome?! I was trying to get a good picture for a montage frame we have...not quite what I had in mind but thought I'd share it anyhow :)
Thanks for checking in! I've got lots of posts to catch up on so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Julie Redman said...

your boys are handsome and the pic is great!!

All 8 of Us said...

Thanks, Julie :)

The Three Moons: said...

I was going to say the same thing... you have been blessed with four very handsome sons!

The Three Moons: said...

I was going to say the same thing... you have been blessed with four very handsome sons! And I love that game idea... someday we'll be free of swimmies and enjoying fun "big kid" games like that!

All 8 of Us said...

Thanks, Julie. Believe me,the days of Swimmies and swimpers will be a memory before you know it. It goes by so fast.I still can't believe that all 6 kiddos are 'water safe' and heading to pool days is so easy now!