Thursday, June 10, 2010

All in a day....

Some days can best be described through pictures...




Daddy was working from home today but before heading over to his 'office' (the living room where his computer was fired up), he decided to tackle the dreaded missing sock box. With Odesco and Mercy's help, they actually matched about 10 pairs. This picture doesn't even display all of the mismatched socks...someone please tell me, where do they go????


A visit to the doctor confirmed that G's ear pain was indeed a nasty infection...too bad the oregano oil dropped in her ear did nothing but make her smell like a hoagie :(!


It's here!!! M took the day off to await the arrival of our new refrigerator freezer--it got here at 6:45 p.m.!... Boy were we all grateful to have a working fridge again to replace our almost 18 year old dying model. I must admit, I've never seen such excitement over an appliance before!

It was a family effort to get this in the house. P and C were a huge help to M as he maneuvered this monstrosity up the porch steps and into the kitchen on a hand-truck. The 3 youngest helped Daddy fish the water line through the kitchen floor into the basement ceiling and remove all the packing materials, while I whisked the the 3 older kiddos around the corner to a bowling party with friends from church.

Feels like Christmas...a refrigerator with water and ice in the door. How grateful I am for my handy hubby who was able to get the water line all rigged up before we went to bed last night..everyone wanted to drink lots of ice water today :)!! Oh, and another bonus is our white fridge/freezer finally matches the rest of the appliances :)!!

What's a fridge without a bit of family history displayed? I couldn't go to bed until I had that taken care of! I have had pictures of each of the kiddos as newborns on our fridge for as long as I can remember. Then we added our 'first' pictures of Mercy and Odesco including their 'delivery room' snapshot as we watched them emerge from behind the glass doors in the airport. I love the emotion on each of our faces as we saw them for the very first time!
Believe it or not, one of my top questions when we were shopping was,"Will magnets stick to this fridge?" They don't adhere to the new stainless steel models, in case you were wondering :)


L was very perturbed all day yesterday by another wobbly tooth. I prayed with him before bed that God would take care of it for him...at around 1am he came into our bedroom and announced, "Mom, my tooth fell out , what should I do with it?!" This morning I asked M if I had been dreaming...sure enough a toothless little man greeted me with a very big grin. He is convinced that Odesco elbowed him in the night helping the process along...only God knows :)!

No comments: