Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Remembering His Grace...

Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.
Psalm 40:5


Twenty years ago today, my hubby and I were married. I am so grateful for this man and these precious years we have lived together. What a gift the Lord gave me in him; a gift I do not deserve! Cyber Boy(our 2nd born) schemed with me to put together a slide show chronicling the past 20 years in order to surprise my one and only. Of course this project was a "hopeful"on my summer to do list but did not get completed until 5:00PM today!! Last night while M was out of the house, I pulled out every photo album since before our engagement. My heart was undone as I perused the photos which archived our life together and considered the many ways the Lord has shown Himself faithful to us again and again. Through the joys and victories as well as the challenges and sorrows, this theme prevails:
He is faithful, He is good, and we have been continuously lavished with His mercies. We deserve NONE of this yet we are recipients of it all day in and day out...what amazing grace.

Our pastor is taking our church through an excellent series on Nehemiah and on Sunday the theme of the message was "Remembering Grace". His main point was that reviewing our history renews our commitment to God. I'd encourage you to slow down during this busy season and take a moment to consider how He has worked marvelous deeds in your own life over the years...it will do your heart good, I promise!

Truly, the wonders He has done are too many to declare...the slide show below is just a meager attempt to chronicle His hand in our life over the past 20 years...
I'll warn you it's a bit long~ it was hard to cram 20 years of living into a few minutes! The kids really got a kick out of Daddy's humongous glasses and my changing hairstyles -styles sure have changed in 20 years:)

Thanks for celebrating with us!!
With a grateful heart,
MamaB


No comments: