Saturday, April 25, 2009

How can it be?? Our G is 9!!!

This is a very belated post that I began 2 weeks ago!! Better late than never....
This Monday begins the B family birthday bonanza...we celebrate5 birthdays in the next month. These busy annual spring celebrations remind me of just how quickly the years are flying by!! Just yesterday at our homeschool coop we were watching a video of our children in a musical we will be repeating next month. It was taped 6 years ago and seeing my 2 big boys so little just made me weepy... seeing the children of my friends, some who are now married, made me even more melancholy. And it seems like just yesterday that we welcomed our sweet little girl to our bustling boy household. I will never forget the joy and wonder as we reveled in all the unique differences between G and her big brothers.
G is becoming a beautiful young lady and has grown much in the 2+ years since becoming Mercy's 'big' sister. It is such a comfort to know that all of the stretching and painful growing is part of God's perfect plan for her. She is becoming quite the little homemaker helping me in the kitchen and spending her spare time on knitting projects. I can take no credit for the knitting...she learned it from Mimi, Grandmom B, and Mrs. S at her coop knitting class. Maybe I'll actually learn to knit some day in my 'spare' time :)

Rejoicing today in the gift of our little girl,
Love,


G chose to make a variation of the "Duggar Family" ice cream cake recipe for her birthday cake...she put it together with minimal assistance...it was yummy!!! She also helped prepare the meatloaf for her birthday meal.

The Kach family and Miss BAA joined us for Easter dinner so we celebrated a bit then :)

On G's actual birthday, Mimi and Pop-Pop came over for dinner on their way home from visiting my brother and his family in Saratoga. Their visit definitely gave the kids something to look forward to...it was the dreaded dentist day and all 6 had afternoon appointments!

Part of G's birthday gift from Mimi and Pop-Pop was an overnight with cousin Lexie who shares and April birthday (but is a year older). They made these really cool bags out of jeans with Mimi. Inside the bag was a little denim organizer for all of their knitting needles and other crafting goodies. What a fun memory for them!

No comments: