Thursday, May 07, 2009

Baseball!!

Another very belated post...I started this a few weeks ago and you know how life happens :) Actually, I was waiting to take a closeup of our #6 in uniform...then forgot I took the picture, didn't remember to upload once I took the picture... and today, finally realized there was a post in the works!!
We are officially in the throes of C's Little League season. We have been spending many hours at the field complex and at local parks while his team practices. Mercy, Odesco and L, being the ultimate opportunists, use some of their time and boundless energy to search the area around the ball field for lost balls. They can take them up to the snack bar for a small bag of candy to share. One time last season they found 15 balls! Fortunately I was on snack bar duty and convinced them to give some of the candy away :)



Last Thursday evening C had a game...it did not start until 7:30pm and it was COLD!!!


I had to to fulfill my obligatory snack bar duties...I must say, although I hate to miss the game, I was quite toasty inside. Our little boys 'forgot' their coats and only had sweatshirts...they were freezing and begging me to let me inside which is not allowed but I was able to give them my coat to share :) Goofy boys!! I don't think they'll forget their coats again!

The gang at 'Opening Day' Ceremonies ... yep, the 'official' start of baseball season is a few weeks after the first games are played.

C warming up before his Saturday evening game ~

By the time the game began, the sun went down and the big lights went on. This is one of the thrills of C playing in the 'majors' this year....he plays under the 'big lights' almost every game---which means his games don't start until 7:30pm!!

The 'littles' are not as enthusiastic as Daddy and me to sit and watch the game. They bring their own chosen forms of entertainment along...here our resident artist is drawing a picture of his big brother in uniform :) Odesco had a tennis ball and was busy in the batting cage behind me!

The girls keep busy with their knitting projects...

Our favorite player, #6 :)!!

We're all happy to welcome back this spring past time cheering on C and his teammates...we're also hoping springtime temperatures will be here soon so that we don't freeze during his night games :)

No comments: