Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to my One and Only!!

My hubby turned 46 on the 14th! It's hard to believe that we met when he was in his 2o's and that will be married for 20 years this December! These years have sped by. There are so many things I appreciate about my husband but one of the qualities that sets him apart is his diligence. Mark has abundantly provided for us over the years so that I can stay home with our children. This is a privilege I do not take for granted...even when I am having one of 'those' days, my heart is full of gratitude to M for being such a good steward with our finances, for being a hard worker, and for fully supporting me in our homeschool endeavors over the years. For the past 20 years, M has had a 2 to 2.5 hour round trip daily commute which as you can imagine, can be wearisome...but he never complains about it~He just plugs along knowing this is the Lord's gracious provision for our family. Happy Belated Birthday!! You are well loved around here!!!!

On Thursday, Mom and DadB came over for a birthday dinner for their #7 child. (M is 7 of 8!) It's always a blessing to have them join us for an evening. Mom B never comes empty handed and always brings her famous pumpkin bread (this is the recipe I use to bless friends and neighbors at Christmas!) and a huge batch of blond brownies which the kiddos and Daddy devour!!!! C had a fun time with Pop-Pop B perusing the Ellis Island website' and they found the Manifest entry of Pop-Pop's Mother's arrival to Ellis Island from Ireland. We are currently studying immigration and it was so neat to find this treasure :)!!

Daddy spent his birthday doing outdoor work with his 4 boys...we topped off the evening with his favorite meal and everyone sharing what we love about Daddy :)

No comments: