Wednesday, March 14, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!!!

The little ones with their basket of bounty for Daddy...oops this time Daddy is the one blinking! Couldn't resist posting though because of the anticipation on their cute little faces as they prepared to bless Daddy with all manner of gifts-pieces of decorated paper, beads strung that might fit his pinky...you get the idea~and all wrapped individually with gobs and gobs of tape :)!! ( Notice all of Mercy's bandaids- she had 4 'jukes' today!(aka: shots)
A day of celebration...for many reasons ( in addition to my wonderful hubby's birthday!!)
I will write about yesterday's adventures later but wanted to get this on here now.
Just wanted to get on here early to say Happy 44th birthday to my hubby!!!
Yesterday afternoon Grandmom and Pop-pop B came for a visit to help us celebrate Daddy's birthday. We had a wonderful time together and the little kiddos were so excited to give Daddy the basket of goodies they have been wrapping for weeks....so that's where all the scotch tape has disappeared to :) C and P were equally excited to give the gifts they had bought with their own money...practical gifts- Daddy's favorites...a new wallet and a pair of ski mittens from LL Bean for next season. Our big surprise was a family picture of me with the kiddos taken by a dear friend and really of professional quality. You'd never know all the chaos that took place to get the few great shots she captured and I was just sooo excited to finally give M a picture for his desk. (I confess getting a portrait done is not one of my favorite things to do...we have not had a professional picture of the kids done in over 2 years! )My witty friend said it was like wrestling squid :)!! Very vivid description of trying to get 12 pairs of eyes to focus and 6 mouths to smile simultaneously while keeping all those appendages under control !! I'll see if my cyberboy can scan one on later today.
Happy birthday , Daddy!!!
We love you !!!

No comments: