Friday, May 07, 2010

The view through my rear view mirror...

Today was one of those crazy non-stop full days. Lots to do, places to be, deadlines to meet. As I was driving to pick the 2 big boys up from a study group at Mama K's, I glanced at the view in my rear view mirror and my heart was so full. 7 little people filled the seats...their loud voices filled the car. There were 4 African children...Mercy, Odesco, Jenkins, and Felicia...it is hard to remember life without them. They are all such 'belongers' now...they were meant to be a part of our families. From the foundations of the earth, even through the horrors of war and hunger,God had planned that they would be joined to our families. He went to great lengths to bring them across the world to us...it truly is a miracle...how kind of the Lord that we 'get' to do this. What a privilege...it has not been easy, but it has been worth it!

I am so grateful when the Lord gives me these moments (this time through my rear view mirror). I need fresh vision every now and then...
Thanking the Lord for His kindness to me,
MamaB~

2 comments:

mb said...

Tks for sharing your rear view mirror view, Kath.

All 8 of Us said...

You're welcome, my friend :)