Sunday, August 09, 2009

Think Snow!!!

I never did get around to posting pictures of our homeschool ski group this year. What better time than in the midst of a heat wave?? Enjoy...hope you are viewing these in the comfort of an air conditioned or well ventilated room and if not, maybe the thought and view of snow will cool you off! We had a great ski season...the 4 littles really improved so much in their control (especially Mercy!). One day we had the 'thrill' of being stuck up in the lift for about 15 minutes due to a mechanical glitch...I was with the girls and M was a few chairs behind us with the boys. We both had our cell phones...Daddy called to tell us about the sweet snack he had stashed in his coat pocket and was sharing with the boys and I made them jealous to hear about the hand warmers I was breaking out for the girls! It was probably the coldest day we skied but the ski patrol gave us coupons for a free hot drink once we finally got off the lift....it definitely took the edge off ! We are so grateful to be able to make these memories as a family. Because M is organizing the group now, we get to ski for a nominal cost...it's well worth the effort :)


Are we having fun yet?? These 3 were going to their first group ski lesson of the season....don't they look enthused?! Actually, their skiing and safety (!) improved so much due to these lessons. The kids finally realized that we were serious...'no lesson, no skiing'...and I think by the end, they actually enjoyed it!


Who is that masked(and goggled) young man??? Give up??
It's C...honestly sometimes my older kiddos ski right past me and I don't even recognize them due to all the layers of protective gear!!

oops...so much for self portraits?!

Odesco on the lift up the mountain. One day we tried a more challenging trail and he took a spill. Once we got his skis back on and he made it to the bottom of the mountain he declared,"I'm never doing that again! That freaked me out" Yep, he is definitely becoming more and more "Americanized'!!

G and C with Daddy~

What can I say?? This picture just makes me smile!!
Believe it or not, this little guy managed to ski a ' double black diamond' by the end of the season -with Daddy, of course !! He wants me to take a picture of him but there is no way I am even venturing near that one!!

L with his 2 buddies R and M...

Mercy and Daddy preparing for 'another run'

Miss Britt and Mercy...doesn't Mercy look so much younger with her short locs??

Ski helmet hair...what's a girl to do???
G actually was followed down the mountain by a ski patrol guy...he handed her a piece of paper and congratulated her for practicing her 's' turns and skiing under control. Then Daddy took her to the office and they gave her this official certificate. Way to go, G!!

G was able to ski with our sweet friends, the Y family for an afternoon:)

No surprise here...L found another friend who shares his love for sketching...one of the things I love about our homeschool group is how the older and younger kiddos mix so well :)

Getting warm and filling bellies in the lodge~

Too cute!!
Odesco was awaiting his turn to ski...here he is watching a video in the lodge with his adorable little friend, L
Sometimes getting the ski boots off is a workout in itself! I actually was not able to set Mercy's foot free and a friend who needed to visit the equipment shop brought Mercy with her...the guy had to do something special with the buckle to get it to release!


Play dough fun helped to keep these boys busy :)

Ingenious aren't they?? Playing jump rope with a scarf...now that's resourceful!

All this fun sure tuckers a fellow out! L's buddy, M was literally asleep in this awkward position. These guys get quite a workout!


See what I mean?! ZZZZZZ.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually enjoying the heat wave, but I like your snowy pictures anyway :) I especially liked the last one - isn't it amazing that they can sleep in those positions?! I liked seeing your vacation pics too. What a blessing it must be to your family to have grandparents to vacation and create such wonderful memories with. Thanks for sharing :)

Keri

All 8 of Us said...

Thanks for still checking in, Keri!!
Yes, it is a blessing to have these memories :)
Please tell Charlie and Lisa I say hello!!