Monday, June 01, 2009

Our firstborn is 14...Oh my!!!


Another post that I am pathetically late with... but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to note the many evidences of grace in P's life....
I can so vividly remember the gamut of emotions that welled up as I was being wheeled to the elevators on our way out of the hospital with our first born in my arms. Daddy was videotaping our homecoming and I was bawling as the reality of having a dream fulfilled hit me. Almost 2 years to the day after miscarrying, here I was with my arms no longer empty--I was undone with gratitude at the Lord's kindness in hearing my cries for a child and giving us a precious son. I still mist up as I remember that day so well. Here we are 14 years later and that little baby has grown into a young man. He has changed so much over the past year both physically and spiritually and again, I am undone. P is marked by his diligence and often has his schoolwork well underway before his siblings are allowed downstairs at 7am. He consistently spends time reading his bible without any prompting from me, he babysits on a regular basis so that M and I can attend caregroup or so that I can spend 1:1 time with one of his siblings while the others stay back with him. He has grown much in humility and is quick to ask forgiveness from us and siblings when he knows he has sinned against us. I really am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for our growing boy. What a privilege it is to stand back and see the Lord at work in the lives of our children. We do nothing to deserve this...it is all of Him and I am so grateful!

No comments: