Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A fruitful day :)

Today I made a last minute decision to go blueberry picking with the gang. We expected to meet up with other friends from church but all of their plans had changed. I'm grateful we made the trip though...those blueberries will sure taste great in the dead of winter---that's if any of them actually make it into the freezer :) I think the kids are glad I chose this over schoolwork!!!


What a crew...I was a bit apprehensive imagining the pounds of blueberries we would amass with this many 'pickers'!!


All aboard!! On the wagon out to the fields.


"Mommy, I'm really good at this!! "


Our oldest harvester :)

Having fun in the fields~

~The C man~

When the wagon dropped us off in the fields, we did bump into one family from church ...G enjoyed helping to corral her new little friend, M while the adults paid for the yummy blueberries.

The best part of the day : blueberry swirl custard :)!!

No comments: