Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Official: There's a teenager in the house!!!!

Yes, it's true. We are now the parents of a teenager :) P celebrated his 13th birthday on Saturday. It blows my mind to contemplate how quickly these past 13 years of parenting have flown by. I will never forget the tears of gratitude as M wheeled me out of the hospital with our long awaited baby in my arms...truly the Lord heard the cry of my heart in granting me the privilege to be a mom and now we are blessed with a houseful. In spite of my sin and shortcomings the Lord has chosen to bless us in this way... what amazing grace!!

P spent his 13th birthday with me at a homeschool conference in a neighboring state. We went up with a friend from church and her 15 year old son who attended seminars with P during the bulk of the convention. We stayed overnight and arrived back home on Saturday evening.(Daddy was Mr. Mom and stayed home on Friday so that we could leave early in the morning...what a guy!!) P especially enjoyed all of the meals out and perusing the mountains of books! It is amazing to watch our little boy become a young man...he has changed so much in just the past year. Not only has he changed physically, but he is growing in his walk with the Lord. P sets his alarm almost every morning for 6am and comes downstairs while the house is still quiet to have his devotions and get a head start on his schoolwork before the noise begins :) He is very diligent and has become quite independent and responsible for his schoolwork with just oversight from me. He also watches his siblings frequently when I need to take a sick child to the doctor or run quick errands. We are very proud of the young man he is becoming and look forward to seeing all the Lord has for him in the coming years.
Happy 13th birthday :)
We love you!!

For his 13th birthday Daddy bought P a mega toolbox that we can fill holiday by holiday until he is ready to leave the nest (sniff, sniff!!) Then he'll be equipped to handle household fix-its! (Thanks to my friend Kim for this great idea!!)

No comments: