Thursday, April 10, 2008

Glimpses of grace



This post is a week overdue but it is still ringing in my heart and I wanted to write it down before I forget!! Last Friday morning I suspected that Odesco might have strep throat (Mercy was diagnosed the day before) and thankfully the office was able to squeeze us in at 9am. Odesco requested that L join us so off we trekked for a strep check. Odesco was amazingly compliant for the unpleasant strep test and didn't fuss at all in spite of the gag effect! This was a total miracle when I consider his behavior during his first doctor visit in December '06. As the doctor was explaining to me that he did not think Odesco had strep but was only checking him because Mercy had tested positive the day before, Odesco climbed up on the exam table behind him , took his stethoscope, put it in his ears and began listening to the doctor's heart! It was hysterical and this doctor who is quite goofy and great with kids enjoyed the moment...I think he also was remembering how far our little man had come! He even let Odesco "test" him for strep...with his own hand on the swab just in case Odesco got a little over enthusiastic!! Once again God faithfully has reminded me that He is at work and has already done great and mighty things. It is so easy for me to lose sight of that and to fall into unbelief as the day to day 'issues' can overshadow these glimpses of grace.
How kind of the Lord to give me a visual reminder that He will finish what He began in the hearts of our children!!
Thanks for checking in,
MamaB

No comments: