Thursday, July 05, 2007

Unexpected Blessings...

Unexpected Blessing #2...I received a message from our pediatrician's office asking me to contact them in the morning. I was curious what this could be about- figured it was some billing issue and much to my surprise learned that G had won this huge bucket of summer fun because her name was picked out of a hat... ...during our last visit, Iwas given entries for each of our kiddos and never gave it another thought...until we received the call to come claim the prize!
Unexpected blessing #1...the surprise of the day...a real live starfish!!! The evening before our beach trip, we read the Big Backyard magazine we had just received in the mail that day. It was all about sea life andthere was a page highlighting starfish. Mercy and Odesco asked if we'd see any and I told them no...in all my years of beach going , I have never seen a starfish. We were in the water up to our knees and this little critter floated between me and the kids...and it was alive-although I would have been just as thrilled to spot a dead one :) I was so excited and told Mercy I think the Lord sent it just for her. We kept it in a bucket of sea water and watched it all day before setting it free . It was one of those magical memories!
That's M, Odesco and Mercy on the right...the people on the left, well, I don't know who they were! I was sitting on the beach with my sis in laws watching this unfold. There was no one else in the water but our gang and these 2 sweet grandpas with their grandson. Daddy took Odesco in the water and Mercy followed but Daddy didn't know she was behind him...he waded out a little further than Mercy could handle on her own so she just helped herself to the hand of this gentleman beside her! You should have seen my hubby's face when he turned to see our bold daughter holding the hand of a stranger ! Guess we need to work a bit on her discernment :) Fortunately, this gentleman was 'safe' and kind and had a good sense of humor!

The boys trying desperately to outwit the sea...it didn't work and soon after this picture was taken, the fort was no more~
Ahoy maties... Our little pirates enjoying some pizza~
What's a day at the beach without being buried in the sand?! Of course, I went to extreme measures to make sure the sand stayed on the beach and NOT in Mercy's hair!
Cute cousins...hard to believe these 2 are not related by blood!(remember, I am part of a blended family that works:)!!)

yep, it was as chilly as it looks but the kids had a ball...thanks, Daddy for taking them in while I captured the 'Kodak moments' and stayed dry and warm from the knees up :)
The boys and a few of their fun cousins :)
The girlies...Mercy had this expression most of the day at the beach...smiling/giggling so hard her eyes were closed for the pictures!

Last week we had the opportunity to make our annual trek to the shore to 'mooch' off my family since they rent a home for the week. Unfortunately the only day we could go was not too pleasant weather wise. In fact it poured much of the trip there but we had checked the hourly forecast and it was supposed to clear for a few hours in the afternoon. We are glad we went...after all-what did it matter to the kiddos...there was sand , the ocean, and cousins!!!--what more could they ask for?! Mercy and Odesco were such fun to watch as they saw the huge expanse of water and the big crashing waves for the first time. They had a blast and so did the rest of us.Once again, I am reminded of how blessed I am to have such wonderful family...thanks gang for letting our clan invade your home- use your hot water, and devour your food!
Love, Mama B


No comments: