Thursday, September 28, 2006

One step closer....

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope
without wavering, for He who promised is faithful
Hebrews 10:23


As we continue to wait and wait and wait for our precious children to come home, I must admit that I find myself tempted to put my hope in a phone call from Acres of Hope , news of passports being approved on the AOH message board or in some other tangible sign that the adoption is progressing forward. How kind of the Lord to remind me the other morning as I read the verse above that my hope can not be placed in the things of this world. My hope must be in an unchanging God, a faithful Father who knows even the number of hairs upon my head and my words before I speak them...My hope is in the unfailing nature of His character; His sovereignty, goodness and wisdom. He is all together perfect and wise and knows the perfect timing to bring Mercy and Odesco home! I have found great comfort in that as the time continues to slip by ~ Our days are full with homeschooling, piano lessons, soccer and coop...little time to wallow :)

We did have some happy news last week.:)..we received word of Mercy's passport approval and we also received the elusive adoption documents that we have been waiting for since July 24th ,all in the same day!!...We truly are one step closer! We are still awaiting Odesco's passport approval, the final INS approval and then visas can be applied for. After that, flights are booked. How long might this take?? We truly have no idea! It could be a few days or it could be weeks~
We still do not know which airport they will fly into Our plan now is to drive our 12 passenger van with all 4 kids to meet their new siblings, wherever they fly into. Obviously, it would be a LOT more convenient to travel to an airport in close proximity but even this is in the Lord's hands and we need to trust Him to work out all the details.

Remembering that He who promised is faithful,
Momma B

No comments: